Saturday, February 27, 2010

I want a house built, where do i start?

I have land and I ';designed'; a blue print for my dream house.Now how do I make it happen? I want a house built, where do i start?
You'll need either a draftsman or an architect to put your blueprint into usable technical form for the builder.


And yes, get a lot of references, including people the builder did NOT tell you about!


Check out the following site - it has a ton of useful information:


http://www.building-your-green-home.com/鈥?/a>





You can also design energy efficiency into your house from the start:


http://www.building-your-green-home.com/鈥?/a>





Enjoy the process and all the best to you!





Hope this helps.








I want a house built, where do i start?
You'll need a real architect to make the house plans to hand into your city to have them give you approval and a permit to build. Then you'll have to hire a general contractor. I find it's best to ask your friends for a reference rather than just go to the Yellow pages. You'll want one with lots of experience and one familiar with your city codes. Be sure to find out if they have complaints against them with the Better Business Bureau.


I wish you well with your new home.
Investigate and contact a reputable contractor in your area. I cannot stress enough the importance of investigating their references. Also contact the Better Business Bureau in your area. You cannot be too choosey in this matter. There are a lot of schisters out there. I have worked for many of them.
  • hair cut styles
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment